Divina just says it like it is. Here is what happened: We went out to dinner the other night and planned to go to one of our favorite places. On the way there we passed a new family owned place which seemed to be needing our business much more than our intended place, so we went there instead. Once inside the restaurant, we found ourselves to be one of two sets of patrons. The owners were looking very sad indeed, yet excited about our arrival. While waiting for our meals, we noticed bunches of people walking right by the family place and on to the prospering other restaurant. The owners were watching them, too. Soon the other patrons were finished and left. We were the only ones there. Divina sat up, looked around, and said, quite loudly, "Where's everybody?" She said this several times. Talk about salt on a wound.
Then she was sitting on my lap, drinking her orange juice, when I noticed that she was drinking my water as well. There she was taking a sip from her glass then sip from mine, as if they were one drink. I said "Hey!" So she turns and looks at me and says "What's the matter?" As if there wasn't anything more normal than drinking two drinks at once, one of them being mine.
She calls catipillars "calipitters." She calls rectangles "organgtangelos" (combining organgotang, rectangle, and triangle, which she calls "triangelos"). She calls our cat, Sara, "sweetie." She says, exactly 82 times everyday, "What's that noise?" And when she's sleepy or just wants to be held, she says "Put the head down."
Thursday, June 29, 2006
No Loss for Words
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
HA! I laughed out loud now and would not have been able to contain myself either if I were in there eating with you guys when she said that.
"Put the head down" - Now that's a classic! Can we borrow it? ;)
It's just so hot and muggy, that's all I want to do today--just go and put the head down.
I'm Lovin' the wit and wisdom of Divina! Your daughter has your talent with words, for sure!
Post a Comment