The visitors have gone. We had Mark's mom, then my mom, then our friend, George. It was about two weeks straight that we had someone at our house. It's very quiet now.
I was going to help facilitate the OWL program for the UU church in San Diego (Our Whole Lives, sexuality education for 7,8,9 graders.) However, they seem to be avoiding me. Their organizer was supposed to meet with me, but suddenly lost interest in me after a few conversational emails. In one email I mentioned that I was disappointed with OWL's unit on Unexpected Pregnancy options, that their discussion of abortion was much more detailed and informative than the discussion on adoption. I feel this should be addressed. He emailed me back and passionately explained that abortion is LEGAL and he feels it should be and it should be discussed because young women need to know about their rights. Whoa. I emailed back and explained that being an adocate for adoption does not make me a "pro-lifer" and that I'm recommending an improvment for the adoption discussion not any changes to the abortion discussion. He emailed back something lame, no apology. Then nothing. What a flake. I'm a pro-choicer. There is no freedom without choice and choices need to be presented equally. I am left to believe that the OWL facilitators in San Diego want their kids to exercise their right to abortions, and don't want to confuse them with too many options. What should I do?
Tuesday, March 14, 2006
Stupid Sex Educators
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment