Friday, April 20, 2007

A Fascinating Bit of Information

A thing that bugs me about the Biblers (my term for people, Christian or other, who constantly quote the Bible) is that they recognize only the bits that support their chosen lifestyle (ie. sexual orientation). They tend to ignore the parts which might make their lives uncomfortable or tedious or different than what they are doing now. Hey, I don't think you are supposed to pick and choose in a situation like this. Personally, I do not believe in God and so do not follow the Bible, but I find it curious when I stumble on a quote that seems to be forgotten by people who do.

"And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yeilding seed, to you it shall be for meat." (Genisis 1:29, King James Version)

Apparently, people are supposed to be vegetarians.

You can learn more about Christian Vegetarianism at www.all-creatures.org/cva/.

No comments: